CALL FOR WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS (EXTENSION OF DEADLINE)
The Parliament Standing Committee on Justice, Law and Human Rights has extended submission deadline to 05/08/16 and invites interested stakeholders and individuals to make written submissions on the following Bills:
- Adoption Bill, 2016 (Bill No. 21 of 2016) provides for local and intercountry adoption of children and access of information regarding adoption. The Bill focuses primarily on the court process for approving an adoption application, and does not address the adoption process as a whole. (click here to download)
- Code of Conduct Bill, 2016 (Bill No. 22 of 2016) establishes a Code of Conduct and other matters as prescribed under section 149 of the Constitution of the Republic of Fiji. The Fijian Government is therefore constitutionally bound to enact legislation which gives effect to this section of the Fijian Constitution. (click here to download)
- Public Order (Amdt) Bill, 2016 (Bill No. 23 of 2016) amends the provisions in the Public Order Act (Cap. 20) to comply with international requirements under the United Nations Security Council Resolutions. (click here to download)
- Parliamentary Powers and Privileges Bill 2016 (Bill No. 28 of 2016) provides for the powers and privileges of Parliament, Members of Parliament and Officers of Parliament. (click here to download)
- Community-Based Corrections Bill 2016 (Bill No. 33 of 2016) provides for a community-based corrections system that fosters community-based sentencing options and the rehabilitation and reintegration of offenders. (click here to download)
- Information Bill 2016 (Bill No. 34 of 2016) gives effect to sections 25 and 150 of the Constitution of the Republic of Fiji, to facilitate the right of access to information held by the government and public agencies, to correct or delete false or misleading information that directly affects a person, to promote access to information and for related matters. (click here to download)
Members of the public and stakeholders wishing to express their views on the above-mentioned Bills may lodge written submissions through email address firstname.lastname@example.org or correspondence addressed to:
Standing Committee on Justice, Law and Human Rights
PO Box 2352
by 05th August 2016.
Invitations to appear before the Committee for oral presentations may be issued on the basis of written submissions received. Oral submissions will be limited to 15 minutes per individual/group/organization with 5 minutes allocated for questions. Written submissions should clearly state the submitter’s name, address and phone contact to enable the Committee Secretariat to contact you, should there be a need to clarify some of the issues raised in your submission. Copies of the Bills are available on the Parliament website (www.parliament.gov.fj) or through the respective hyperlinks.
For further information please contact the Committee Secretary on email address email@example.com through telephone contact 679 3225694.