There are many ways in which you can get involved with the work of your Parliament
- Watch Parliament via live streaming when Parliament meets, or watch on television;
- Visit Parliament to watch proceedings from the Public Gallery when Parliament is sitting. The Parliamentary Calendar contains the dates of upcoming Parliamentary sittings;
- Keep up-to-date with the laws Parliament is considering, the issues being debated by members of Parliament and the investigations being conducted by parliamentary committees by visiting the relevant sections of our website and following news from Parliament via the Latest News section of our homepage;
- Contact a member of Parliament to discuss issues of interest to you;
- Organise a petition to be submitted to Parliament, through the office of the Secretary-General to Parliament, asking Parliament to take action on an issue that is within the powers of Parliament; and
- Participate in public inquiries conducted by parliamentary committees by making a submission when attending a public hearing. Standing committee hearing dates is publicly advertised to give the public sufficient notification. In addition to making oral submissions at Standing Committee hearings, the public may also be invited to make written submissions on an issue that the committee is considering at the time.