- Position Level : Band F
- Salary Range : $22,528.74 – $28,883.00
- Duty Station : Government Buildings, Suva
- Reporting Responsibilities;
- Reports To: Senior Human Resource Analyst
- Liaises with: Executive Management and Parliament Secretariat Staff, internal and external stakeholders
- Subordinates: Receptionist
The position supports Senior Human Resource Analyst and Training Logistics Officer through the provision of efficient and effective leave management records and updates and also provides logistics catering support for approved Departmental meetings.
- Ensure proper administration of Staff Leave & Personnel
- Ensure enforcement and communication of relevant leave procedures and conditions
- Compilation and submission of timely and quality reports
- Facilitate all logistical catering arrangements for approved departmental meetings
- Verify attendance and compile time sheets for support services staff
- Actively contribute to all corporate requirements of the Department, including planning, selection activities, meetings, consultations where required
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Performance will be measured through the following indicators:
- All leave records, attendance, timesheets and personnel file are maintained, verified and compiled in compliance with policies and procedures and within agreed
- All reports and planning requirement are submitted in compliance to the reporting standard and agreed
- All catering logistics for departmental meetings are carried out within agreed timeframe and standards.
- All agreed tasks/activities/corporate requirements are delivered and in compliance with relevant process/policies/legislation
A Diploma in Management & Public Administration, Business Administration or equivalent from a recognized institute with relevant work experience.
The following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in similar work
- Good understanding of Fijian Constitution (2013) and relevant regulations
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good written and verbal communication skills including public relations skills;
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently through prioritizing and planning;
- Ability to effectively work within a team with people from diverse backgrounds ;
- Demonstrated ability to manage demanding workload and tight deadline;
- Ability to be impartial, confidential and to make firm decisions;
- Service oriented approach and ability to develop, co-ordinate and maintain stakeholder relationships; and
- A good working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint
PERSON CHARACTER AND POLITICAL NEUTRALITY
The Department of Legislature operates in a politically sensitive environment. Any person who is, and is seen to be active in political affairs and intends to publicly carry on this activity, may compromise the strict political neutrality of the Department of Legislature and cannot be considered for employment.
All applicants for employment in the Department of Legislature must be under the age of 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The successful applicant will be required to provide a police clearance report and medical certificate.
The Department of Legislature is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants. Only the specific knowledge, experience, skills and abilities required for the job will be considered in assessing the relative suitability of applicants.
Please provide written application addressing the Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities (KESA) of no more than two pages with an up to date job related CV, certified copies of academic transcript/certificates and two work related referees one of which must be a current or recent supervisor and a covering letter. Applications that do not address the criteria may not be considered.
The appointment process for this positions will be in accordance with the Civil Service Open Merit Recruitment and Selection Guideline.
Applications must be submitted by 4.00 pm on Friday, 24th May, 2019; late applications will not be accepted.